The Great Fogo Island Punt Race Steering Committee is organizing
the 9th annual Great Fogo Island Punt Race for the summer of 2016. The race will be held on Saturday, July 16 at 10:00am at the Joe Batt's Arm government wharf. In the event of bad weather, race times and conditions are to be determined and subject to change.
Punt Race Day takes place with a series of activities to provide great fun and enjoyment for participants and audiences alike. The Great Fogo Island Punt Race to There and Back is a demanding and exciting challenge with crews racing across a total distance of approximately 7 miles of open ocean.
The Punt Race compliments the area’s other great festivals.
- The Change Islands Garden Party
- Brimstone Head Folk Festival, Fogo
- Etheridge's Point Seaside Fest, Joe Batt’s Arm
- Stag Harbour Days, Stag Harbour
- Fisherman's Fest, Seldom
- Island Harbour Day, Island Harbour
- 25th Feile Tilting, Tilting & Worldwide via radio
- Fogo Island Partridgeberry Harvest Festival